KWV Classic Collection Shiraz Rosé 2016
Get ‘Tickled Pink’ on Valentine’s Day with a Pan Fried Trout Delight with Rosé sauce.
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, love is in the air. So, if you want to surprise your loved one with a romantic meal then there is no easier and more flavourful dish than this one from TV personality and well-known chef, Mynhardt Joubert.
KWV’s Consultant Chef Mynhardt Joubert
“This pan fried trout with pickled ginger mash with Rosé sauce recipe is easy to prepare and a guaranteed winner,” says Joubert. “The colours and flavours are subtle and most of the elements for this dish can be prepped well in advance.”
“We pair the trout with KWV Classic Collection Shiraz Rosé which has a beautiful pink salmon colour with aromas of roses, candy and strawberries and hints of Turkish delight with a soft acidity and luxurious creamy finish,” he adds.
Mynhardt Joubert’s Pan fried trout with pickled ginger mash
1. 4 medium sized potatoes peeled and diced
2. 2 large tablespoons of butter
3. 1 table spoon of pickled ginger
4. beetroot spaghetti
5. 1 tablespoon of olive oil
6. 2 x 200 g fillets of salmon trout
7. 75 ml of KWV Classic Collection Shiraz Rosé
8. 75 ml of chicken stock
9. 200 ml of cream
10. 100 g of pickled sliced baby beetroot
11. rose petals and beetroot sprouts for garnish
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water until soft and mash with the butter then stir in the pickled ginger keeping it warm on the side.
2. Heat up a large sauce pan and add the olive oil toss the beetroot spaghetti in the hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes and season with salt and pepper, put aside to rest.
3. Using the same hot pan sear the salmon trout fillets 2 minutes a side starting with the skin side. Remove from the pan and keep warm on the side.
4. Add the Rosé wine and the chicken stock to the pan and bring to the boil add the cream and reduce by half or until the sauce starts to thicken, add the sliced baby beetroot to the sauce and simmer for two minutes.
5. Start plating the dish with the ginger mash at the bottom then the beetroot spaghetti followed by the trout with the sauce spooned over.
6. Garnish with rose petals and beetroot sprouts.
7. Serve with well chilled KWV Classic Collection Shiraz Rosé.
Reasonably priced at R52.99, the KWV Classic Shiraz Rosé is available from liquor outlets nationwide.
Information from Tin Can PR